Ben Greenfield: Intuitive Eating, Ego Dissolution, and Effective Parenting
Ego gets in the way of living our lives, often so effortlessly we barely even notice, until problems arise as they always do
The subject of ego is at the heart of Paul’s second Living 4D conversation with biohacker extraordinaire Ben Greenfield, as they wind their way through intuitive eating, lying, spiritual courage and their philosophies about free-range parenting
Check out Ben’s work and his podcasts at BenGreenfieldFitness.com and keep up with his updates about his upcoming book, Boundless. Ben is also the CEO and co-founder of Kion.
Please Note: There has been some confusion about the Michelson-Morley experiment as Paul discussed it in the companion episode to this one on Ben’s podcast. Paul would like to clarify that the experiment did not validate the aether and he did not intend for it to sound as though the experiment did so on Ben’s podcast.
- How Paul developed butter espresso. (6:36)
- Paul describes intuitive eating. (11:28)
- Defining what angels and spirits really are. (17:47)
- Paul describes how he knows whether he should be eating a given food or not via his intuition. (24:13)
- The Michelson-Morley experiment. (31:46)
- What “junk” DNA really is. (41:01)
- Can people learn ego dissolution without the use of plant medicines? (47:16)
- Coffee, cigarettes and tea: How they influence the thinking process. (50:15)
- If you have food sensitivity issues, are you logging your foods? (55:58)
- “The body will not support a lie because, from an evolutionary perspective, it decreases survivability.” (1:02:55)
- Legitimate spiritual courage is required when you need to hear a no from your soul because you’re addicted to certain foods. (1:10:29)
- Paul’s approach to parenting Paul Jr. was informed by his relationship to his father and a drug-addicted sibling. (1:19:27)
- Balancing a child’s practical exposure to technology in their early education. (1:28:20)
- Paul facing a crisis of the soul with the possibility of Angie needing a second C-section. (1:38:37)
- A lot of illness in the today’s world is the result of listening to other people’s ideas for a direction and not taking back more responsibility for themselves. (1:45:32)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Missing Links with Gregg Braden on Gaia
- Destructive Emotions: A Scientific Dialogue With the Dalai Lama by Daniel Goleman
- Stalking The Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness by Itzhak Bentov
- The Physics of Angels: Exploring The Realm Where Science and Spirit Meet by Rupert Sheldrake and Matthew Fox
- The Mystic Spiral: Journey of the Soul by Jill Purce
- The work of Philip Callahan
- The Second Mountain: The Quest For a Moral Life by David Brooks
- Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life by Richard Rohr
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- The work of Viktor Schauberger
- Parenting With Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify