CHEK Exercise Coach &
CHEK Practitioner Programs
This highly practical five-day course will give you the skills to become a superior exercise professional.
After attending the CHEK Exercise Coach Program, you will be able to effectively administer individualized exercise programs for all types of clients. Correct technique is emphasized throughout the course, with plenty of hands-on assistance from the CHEK Faculty.
A key component of this certification is the integration of mind-body fitness and traditional exercise prescription. You will understand how different types of exercise, from Tai Chi to cardiovascular conditioning to weight training, affect both parts of the autonomic nervous system – an often neglected factor that is vital to achieving success with your clients.
Using the CHEK Institute’s unique system of assessing physiological load, developed by Paul Chek, you can determine the amount of physical and emotional stress placed upon the body. Trained in this system, you will be able to implement results-producing programs that enhance your client’s function and overall well-being.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess your client’s physiological load and write exercise programs to address low, moderate and high overall loads.
- Assess functional deficits and imbalances in the core and back musculature.
- Design personalized exercise programs that balance the autonomic nervous system.
- Understand how optimizing posture not only improves function, but increases overall wellness.
- Implement a plethora of exercises that enhance function.
CHEK Practitioner Level 1
CHEK Practitioner Level 1 expands the CHEK Exercise Coach’s knowledge of exercise and its scientific, therapeutic, and performance applications. Students learn infant development assessment as a means of identifying the physical, emotional and mental etiology of movement inefficiency. Paul Chek’s Primal Pattern® system of movement analysis is taught in CHEK Practitioner Level 1 as a seamless progression from infant development.
The CHEK Practitioner Level 1 student learns to identify which Primal Pattern® movements are essential to each individual’s work, home, recreational, and/or sporting environment. Using a variety of exercise modalities, the CHEK Practitioner Level 1 is able to customize any exercise to suit each client’s ability and skill level. All instruction is based on an integrated holistic model for assessing movement disorder and restoring functional movement.CHEKPractitioner Level 1’s learn how to identify which systems of the body must be balanced to create well-being as part of a skillfully designed exercise program.
CHEK Practitioner Level 1 Learning Objectives:
- Understand infant movement pattern assessment and the application of infant development exercises as a foundation for Primal Pattern® movements.
- Learn a holistic, integrated model of Primal Pattern® movement assessment.
- Design fully customized exercise programs based on a needs analysis for each client.
CHEK Practitioner Level 2
CHEK Practitioner Level 2’s learn spinal biomechanics, neurological screening, essential orthopedic screening tests, length/tension assessments, corrective stretching, specific corrective exercise technologies, and how to refer to allied medical practitioners.
Advanced level postural assessment using goniometric technology gives the C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 the ability to design highly specific corrective exercise programs.
CHEK Practitioner Level 2’s also learn how to identify red flags as a necessary system of preventing injury through exercise. The CHEK Practitioner Level 2 is an invaluable addition to any medical practice treating work, sports, and recreational orthopedic injuries. They are also key contributors to the professional sports medicine and conditioning teams.
CHEK Practitioner Level 2 Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to perform a goniometric assessment of posture and relevant joint range of motion.
- Learn to perform an effective screening of each individual, ruling out any red flags through careful examination of medical history, orthopedic assessment, and length/tension assessment.
- Learn specific corrective exercise for effective spinal or core stabilization.
- Learn to design corrective exercise programs.
Prerequisites (must be completed 30 days before course)
Praise from CHEK Students
For Canadian courses, the applicable taxes – HST, GST, QST – are applied according to the province in which the course is held.
Payment plans are available. Please see order forms for options.
Prices are in USD; programs held in other countries may have different investments.