This highly practical five-day course will give you the skills to become a superior exercise professional.
After attending IMS Level 1 (formerly known as “Exercise Coach”), you will be able to effectively administer individualized exercise programs for all types of clients. Correct technique is emphasized throughout the course, with plenty of hands-on assistance from the CHEK Faculty.
A key component of this certification is the integration of mind-body fitness and traditional exercise prescription. You will understand how different types of exercise, from Tai Chi to cardiovascular conditioning to weight training, affect both parts of the autonomic nervous system – an often neglected factor that is vital to achieving success with your clients.
Using the CHEK Institute’s unique system of assessing physiological load, developed by Paul Chek, you can determine the amount of physical and emotional stress placed upon the body. Trained in this system, you will be able to implement results-producing programs that enhance your client’s function and overall well-being.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Assess your client’s physiological load and write exercise programs to address low, moderate and high overall loads.
- Assess functional deficits and imbalances in the core and back musculature.
- Design personalized exercise programs that balance the autonomic nervous system.
- Understand how optimizing posture not only improves function, but increases overall wellness.
- Implement a plethora of exercises that enhance function.
Prerequisites (must be completed 30 days before course or transfer fee applies)