Welcome to the C.H.E.K Institute website, chekinstitute.com and the website of our online community CHEK Connect, www.chekconnect.com (the “Sites”). C.H.E.K Institute (“Company” or “we,” “our,” or “us”) owns or controls, and provides access to the Sites and related websites (this is true regardless of how the websites are accessed and/or used, whether via personal computers, mobile devices or otherwise) or other interactive features that are accessible or downloadable through chekinstitute.com or www.chekconnect.com and that link to these terms and conditions (“the Terms”). Except as otherwise noted herein, these Terms govern your use of the Sites. Please read these Terms carefully. By accessing or using the Sites, registering for services offered on the Sites, or by accepting, uploading, submitting or downloading any information or products or content from or to the Sites, You agree to these Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITES. We reserve the right to make changes to the Sites and to these Terms from time to time. When we make changes, we will post them here. For this reason, we encourage you to review these Terms whenever you use our Sites because by visiting the Sites, you agree to accept any such changes.
Ownership of Content and Intellectual Property
The past, present and future Sites’ content (“Content”) is protected by applicable is protected by patent, trademark and/or copyright under United States and/or foreign laws and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights) and is the property of Company, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, or its licensors. Content includes, without limitation, (a) layout, organization, information, graphics, text, images, audio, videos, designs, compilations, data, wallpaper, icons, characters, artwork, photographs, music, sound, messages, software, (b) advertising copy, and the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks and trade identities; (c) any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (d) the coding or HTML used to generate the pages, graphics, images, layout or text, and (e) all other materials related to the Sites, including without limitation, the “look and feel” of the Site.
Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or otherwise expressly granted to you in writing by Company, no rights (either by implication, estoppel or otherwise) are granted to you.
As between you and the Company (or any other company whose marks appear on the Site), the Company is the owner and/or authorized user of any registered or unregistered trademark, trade name and/or service mark appearing on the Sites, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the Content on the Sites, unless otherwise indicated. The Company logos, designs, titles, phrases and product names and the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property in such materials (collectively, “Company Intellectual Property”) are owned by the Company and may be registered in the United States and internationally.
Prohibited Use of Content and Proprietary Information
Except as otherwise provided on the site or in these Terms, you may not, directly or indirectly, use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, sell, lease, rent, exchange, rearrange, create a derivative work, publish, modify, delete,add to, license, post, transmit, or distribute any Content or Proprietary Information from this Sites in whole or in part, including the removal or alteration of advertising, except pursuant to the express limited grant of rights hereunder without the specific prior written permission of the Company. You agree to abide by any and all applicable laws, and any copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any part of the Web Sites. Copying, archiving or storing any part of the Site for a purpose that is not permitted by these Terms is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company or the applicable copyright holder as identified on the Site.
You agree not to display or use the Company Intellectual Property in any manner without the Company’s prior permission. Nothing on the Sites should be construed to grant any license or right to use any Company Intellectual Property without the prior written consent of the Company.
Limited Revocable License
We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Site and to use the information and services contained here. We reserve the right, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to revise the products and services described on the Site and to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Sites, including, but not limited to, the Materials and Content on the Sites as well as features and/or hours of availability of the Sites, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of the Sites or restrict your access to part, or all, of the Sites without notice or penalty. We have the right to change these rules and/or limitations at any time, in our sole discretion.
Prohibited Uses of Site
The Sites may be used only for lawful purposes and is available only for your personal, noncommercial use, which shall be limited to viewing the Site, purchasing products or services, providing information to the Sites, and downloading product information or approved content for your personal review. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, posting, and uploading of information and are responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Sites.
The Company specifically prohibits any use of the Sites, and requires all users to agree
not to use the Site, for any of the following:
- Posting any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not your own;
- Engaging in conduct that that encourages, promotes, solicits or commits conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation that would fail to comply with accepted Internet protocol;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting information, software, or other material that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright (including, without limitation, offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial registration numbers for software programs, or any type of cracker utilities), trademark, patent, trade secret, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing, posting or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the site to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of US export control laws;
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Site’s or the Company’s networks or network security, or attempting to use the Sites’ service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting any material that is false, unlawful, threatening, tortious, disparaging including disparaging of Company, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates);
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting anything that adversely affects Company’s business such as discouraging any person or entity from advertising with, linking to or supplying Company, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, racist, sexually explicit, ethnically or culturally offensive, indecent, or that promotes violence, racial hatred, terrorism, or illegal acts, or is otherwise objectionable in Company’s sole discretion;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting material of any kind that contains a virus, Trojan horse, time bombs, worms, spyware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful component or restricts or inhibits any other user’s uninhibited use and enjoyment of the Site, interferes with or disrupts the Sites or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting information or material of any kind that constitutes or contains false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact, including, without limitation, by forging any TCP/IP packet header, any part of the header information in any transmission to the Sites, or otherwise manipulating identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted to the Sites;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” requests for money, petitions for signature, or any other form of solicitation;
- Communicating, transmitting, uploading, promoting, displaying, emailing, distributing or posting otherwise make available any material that exploits or harms any individual, corporation or other entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the Web Sites are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Stalk, abuse, sexually exploit, violently exploit, act violently toward or otherwise harass another user;
- Use or attempt to use another’s information, account, password, service or system except as expressly permitted; or
- Solicit or collect personal data including telephone numbers, addresses, last names, or email addresses, about other users.
You represent, warrant and agree that you will comply with the above Prohibited Use Policy.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The
Company will investigate occurrences and may involve, and cooperate with, law
enforcement authorities in prosecuting any user or users who are involved in such
violations. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the
Site, including, without limitation, the following:
- Accessing data not intended for you or logging into a Company server or account, which you are not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization (or succeeding in such an attempt);
- Attempting to interfere or interfering with the operation of our Sites, our provision of services to any other visitors to our Site, our hosting provider or our network, including, wit