One of the most important tools we have for building energy, stimulating healing in the body and relaxing the mind is what we call, at the C.H.E.K Institute, a Work-In.
In my first video post for the CHEK Blog, we’re talking Working In 101. I’ll take you through the basics of what makes a movement a Work-In exercise and talk about how you can work in. Have a watch, enjoy, and if you have questions, add them to the comments section below!
3 Work-In Exercises You Can Do Anywhere, Anytime
- Take a comfortable stance, wide enough to squat down between your legs. Place your arms at your sides or up in front of you.
- Inhale, then lower yourself down as you exhale. Go as low as you comfortably can, pause, then inhale as you return to standing.
- Repeat at the pace you naturally breathe. Breathe through your nose. If you need to exhale through your mouth, keep a little tension in your lips.
Tempo – 4 seconds down/pause/4 seconds up
Reps – work up to 100
- Raise your arms up.
- Pick up your left leg and bring your right elbow to the left knee as you exhale.
- Alternate sides.
Tempo – breathing pace
Reps – 10-20 each side
- Hold arms straight out to the side, stay relaxed.
- Turn your right arm up and left arm down.
- As you look down the left arm, slightly contract the right arm as you turn the palm up and inhale at the sam