Eugene Trufkin: The Anti-Factory Farm Shopping Guide
Despite what we already know about the way our foods get from the farm to our dinner table, most of us still choose to buy them from the wrong sources. So, how do you make better, healthier choices?
Author and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 3, Eugene Trufkin shares a wide range of resources you can use to find the information you need to stay healthy and informed in this food-wise Living 4D conversation. (Look for a detailed list in the resources section.)
Learn more about Eugene at Trufkin Athletics and on social media via Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Eugene became inspired to learn about the true state of food production in America after seeing Paul’s Nutrition: The Dirt Facts lecture on YouTube. (4:13)
- Many people buy grass-fed beef, not understanding that it’s probably grain-finished beef. (6:39)
- “When a doctor uses the word syndrome related to a health problem, it probably means he/she doesn’t really know what’s wrong.” (17:25)
- Three myths people use to justify eating conventionally farmed foods. (23:24)
- Food companies protect their own interests through self-regulation at the expense of your health. (33:48)
- The number of companies that produce processed foods in the Western world is very small. (44:19)
- The gold standard for avoiding genetically-modified (GMO) foods in grocery stores. (52:38)
- The chemicals used to produce GMO foods are harmful too. (59:16)
- Comparing price differences between organic and processed foods in grocery store shopping tests. (1:03:59)
- Be careful about eating chicken that’s labeled vegetarian fed. (1:20:50)
- The bar for measuring for what being healthy really means has dropped greatly over time. (1:31:52)
- Avoid GMOs in the supplements you take by paying closer attention to labeling certifications. (1:37:57)
- Getting more sleep and eating organic foods alone could help you lose weight without working out. (1:47:56)
- Why you should never buy any pork, turkey or chicken at your local grocery store. (1:58:51)
- America is the only nation that allows hydroponic produce to be certified as organic. (2:02:08)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Anti-Factory Farm Shopping Guide and Laws of Aesthetics by Eugene Trufkin
- The Demeter Association
- The Myths of Safe Pesticides by André Leu
- Eugene’s conversation with André Leu on YouTube
- Paul’s Living 4D conversations with Dave Murphy and Wade Lightheart
- Under The Veil of Deception
- The Washington Post on organic labeling
- Beating The Food Giants by Paul Stitt
- com’s directory of U.S., Canadian and European farms
- Bernstein’s Diabetic Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars by Dr. Richard Bernstein
- The Weston A. Price Foundation
- Banned Substance Control Group (BSCG)
- Clean Label Project
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- The Cornucopia Institute
- Consumer Reports
- The David Suzuki Foundation
- Farmed Norwegian Salmon: World’s Most Toxic Food on YouTube
- The Safe Shoppers Bible by David Steinman and Samuel Epstein
- Soylent Green
- Biochemical Individuality by Roger Williams
- The Living Soil and the Haughley Experiment by Lady Evelyn Barbara Balfour
- Nutrition: The Dirt Facts
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify