Kim Nelli: Conscious Birthing
Being afraid of childbirth – as natural and beautiful as it is – isn’t unusual for many first-time mothers.
In this episode of Living 4D with Paul Chek, Holistic Lifestyle Coach Kim Nelli talks about how she conquered her fears around childbirth. It all began with a midwifery class and turned in to an amazing journey of working with wild dolphins and becoming an expert on natural childbirth.
After listening to the conversation, if you want to learn more about Kim’s work, visit her website — pregnancychildbirthourfuture.com — and save 15 percent off her Primal Birth Childbirth Preparation course by using the code PaulChek.
Podcast listeners can receive a 10 percent discount on her Conscious Pregnancy retreats by using the code Living4D. You can also save $30 on Kim’s Fit For Birth Prenatal Wellness Course by using the code CHEK at checkout.
- Kim enrolled in midwifery school because she was afraid of childbirth. (6:01)
- “We can’t prepare for childbirth in our heads. It’s just impossible…” (24:25)
- Is a conventional birthing process in a hospital setting really creating a healthier, happier world? (30:12)
- Mothering is a highly intuitive process. (42:38)
- What is HypnoBirthing? (47:01)
- Ninety percent of the information about childbirth is very misleading, preparing women for “a technological birth.” (51:33)
- Are medical tests or supplements really necessary during a pregnancy? (1:13:06)
- Functional movement vs. exercise during a pregnancy. (1:22:54)
- After experiencing natural childbirth, Kim learned to love her body even more. (1:27:56)
- Using the sweat lodge to help men understand the birthing process. (1:33:17)
- Parents must work on their relationship to raise a healthy child. (1:37:20)
- The best things people — especially partners — can do to support a woman’s pregnancy. (1:53:33)
- Creating sexual intimacy in pregnancy. (2:03:27)
- How a Mom can connect with her baby in the womb. (2:16:50)
- Mana knew Paul’s voice when he was born. (2:22:49)
- When a woman’s pregnant, even natural soaps or products can be a problem for her at the time. (2:33:39)
- When is it best for a woman to have her baby in a hospital vs. at home? (2:35:19)
- Choose your “birthing team” wisely. (2:42:20)
- Having a prenatal connection with dolphins. (2:44:09)
- Considering VBAC? (2:53:51)
- The sacred first hour of bonding after a baby’s birth. (2:58:56)
- Women with breast implants may be able to breastfeed their babies. (3:04:49)
- The new relationship forged with a Mom, Dad and their baby. (3:14:40)
- Protect your child from EMFs by downloading videos and cartoons then turning the device on airplane mode. (3:24:17)
- How do parents create safe home environments that support optimal infant development? (3:31:00)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Naiya: Journey Into Life documentary
- The work of Dr. Michel Odent
- The work of Elena Tonetti Vladimirova on Gaia
- Spiritual Midwifery and Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- Birthing From Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz
- Birth Into Being
- In Utero on Gaia
- Imagine Our World Happy, Healing Through Dolphins, Pregnancy and Childbirth video series
- The Truth of Your Prenatal Vitamin
- Exercising Through Your Pregnancy by Dr. James Clapp
- Healing Your Attachment Wounds by Diane Poole Heller
- Becoming Us: 8 Steps to Grow a Family That Thrives by Elly Taylor
- The Biology of Transcendence by Joseph Chilton Pearce
- Nonviolent Communication by Waylon Myers
- Raising Baby Green by Dr. Alan Greene
- Dolphin Doulas via YouTube.
- International Cesarean Awareness Network
- The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs by Nick Pineault
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify