Autumn Smith: Food, Farming, Meat and Your Future
Dueling experts in the world of processed foods have long preached the benefits of soy protein and fake meats but forgot to tell you that fake isn’t necessarily the safest, healthiest or best environmental choice…
Discover the healthy differences between fake foods and sustainable, organic ones from certified eating psychology coach and functional diagnostic nutrition practitioner Paleovalley’s Autumn Smith in this meaty Living 4D conversation.
For Living 4D listeners: Sign up for Wild Pastures at this special link and receive a 20 percent off for life discount, save $15 on your first order and get free shipping!
- Who really controls our food supply? (8:10)
- Working against nature instead of working with it. (15:58)
- Meat/diet rules decreed by Seventh-day Adventists. (30:55)
- Protein leverage hypothesis. (46:33)
- Where do you get your nutrients? (56:08)
- Manure mismanagement. (1:07:15)
- Regenerative agriculture. (1:11:08)
- Carbon comparisons between conventional beef and grassfed beef. (1:21:10)
- What you can do to take more control of your food. (1:34:12)
- Why Autumn launched Wild Pastures. (1:46:42)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Bionutrient Food Association
- Priority Micronutrient Density in Foods published in Frontiers of Nutrition
- Concentrated animal feeding operation (CAFO)
- If the entire US went vegan, it’d be a public health disaster on Quartz
- The work of Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, Belinda Fettke, Procter & Gamble, Ancel Keys, Dr. Bill Schindler, Ehrenfried Pfeiffer, Dr. Jason Rowntree, Will Harris, Friend Sykes and Dr. Stephan Van Vliet
- The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- The Wheel of Health by Dr. G.T. Wrench
- What’s Really Behind the Plan to Redesign Our Food System by Dr. Joseph Mercola for The Defender
- Paul’s Living 4D conversation with Matt Wallden about The Honest Vegetarian and Fred Provenza
- Oneness vs. the 1% by Vandana and Kartikey Shiva
- Revolution at the Table and Paradox of Plenty by Harvey Levenstein
- The Fat of the Land by Vilhjalmur Stefansson
- The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America’s Favorite Health Food by Kaayla Daniel
- Science in Agriculture: Advanced Methods For Sustainable Farming by Arden Andersen
- Tuning in to Nature and Paramagnetism: Rediscovering Nature’s Secret Force of Growth by Philip Callahan
We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using affiliate links.
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify