Russell Sturgess: The Cathar Code
Depending on who you ask, the Tarot can be a pleasant, unserious distraction to the uninitiated or the work of the Devil for those who hold rigidly to their religious beliefs without question.
For the knowledgeable and skilled, however, the Tarot can be a great source of knowledge and human insight if they are willing to listen and learn.
Meet Russell Sturgess, author of The Spiritual Roots of the Tarot: The Cathar Code Hidden in the Cards, who shares how his life’s calling was transformed by a voice in a gift store at Christmas and describes the globe-spanning journey he’s taken to document then share what he’s learned in this historical Living 4D conversation.
Learn more about Russell’s work on his website, the Western Mindfulness website and YouTube.
For Living 4D listeners: Russell is offering special discounts on his CHASM/Pathways to Mindfulness mentoring programs at his online store. Use the promo code CHEK1 (CHASM 8 session course) or CHEK2 (CHASM 28 session course) when you register to receive your discount.
- How religion fits into the bigger truths. (8:55)
- Vivid dreams of snakes. (17:21)
- The objective psyche. (25:23)
- Origins of the Tarot. (33:19)
- Connecting the Cathars with the Tarot. (46:46)
- Who were the Cathars? (56:40)
- Jesus: Not a true savior based on what the Cathars believed. (1:09:06)
- An Abrahamic test question Russell asks at every workshop. (1:21:40)
- “We live in the existence of illusion.” (1:32:01)
- Becoming the observer. (1:40:28)
- The real meaning of righteousness. (1:46:08)
- Do you have free will? (1:52:07)
- “Hold the intention but stay an observer.” (2:01:42)
- No judgement. (2:11:34)
- What is mindfulness? (2:23:03)
- The CHASM acronym. (2:30:13)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- The Spiritual Roots of the Tarot: The Cathar Code Hidden in the Cards and Get Out of Jail Card: A journey of self-worth by Russell Sturgess
- Teach Only Love: The Twelve Principles of Attitudinal Healing by Dr. Gerald Jampolsky
- Tarot and the Archetypal Journey: The Jungian Path from Darkness Into Light by Sallie Nichols and Mary Greer
- The work of Susan Trout, Robert Johnson, John Sanford,
- The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore by Deepak Chopra
- Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and Lao Tzu: The Parallel Sayings by Richard Hooper
- Metaphysical Bible Dictionary by Charles Fillmore
- Paul’s Living 4D conversation with Wayland Myers
We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using affiliate links.
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify