Sean O’Laoire: Setting God Free
People who lead the iconoclastic life of a trailblazer often attract lots of attention — praise mixed with notoriety — especially where religion is concerned.
Meet Sean O’Laoire, an ordained Catholic priest with a degree in Mathematics, a world traveler who speaks six languages, a spiritual director of a non-denominational community in Palo Alto, Calif., and truth-teller who explores the spaces between history, religion and mythology in this spiritual Living 4D conversation.
Learn more about Sean and his work at his Spirits in Spacesuits website. Follow him on social media via Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- “The veil between the mystical and the mundane is diaphanous.” (7:49)
- About every 10-15 years, someone or some group disowns Sean, including the Vatican last year. (10:59)
- The hybridization of two wisdom traditions talking to each other. (16:00)
- “Any Catholic priest who is awake realizes the differences between mythology and historicity.” (25:05)
- The transrational, transtemporal, transpersonal and trans-spatial. (32:53)
- A third way between two harmful extremes. (43:00)
- It’s God’s game. (1:01:54)
- A preconception contract. (1:14:22)
- “Prophecy means preventing the future, not predicting it.” (1:24:05)
- The Touch of the Master’s Hand. (1:48:46)
- What makes a religion mentally healthy? (1:55:02)
- Four questions that help you build your spirituality. (2:08:16)
- “Any God we can’t laugh at is far too small a God for us.” (2:33:06)
- Why Sean believes strongly in reincarnation. (2:51:18)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Sean’s conversation with Regina Meredith on YouTube
- Setting God Free: Moving Beyond the Caricature We’ve Created in Our Own Image, Spirits In Spacesuits: A Manual for Everyday Mystics, Souls on Safari and A Sensible God by Sean O’Laoire
- Why: What is Your Life Telling You About Who You Are and Why You’re Here by Sean O’Laoire, Ralph Metzner and Matthew McKay
- The work of Matthew Fox, John Sanford, B.F. Skinner, Steven Greer and Richard Dawkins
- Transpersonal psychology
- Convergent evolution
- Mattias Desmet on mass formation hypnosis on YouTube
- The Psychology of Totalitarianism by Mattias Desmet
- The Cathars
- The Mental Health Ministry of the Local Church by Howard Clinebell
- Dreams: God’s Forgotten Language by John Sanford
- Politics in Healing: The Suppression and Manipulation of American Medicine by Daniel Haley
- Shankara’s Crest-Jewel of Discrimination
- DNA: Pirates of the Sacred Spiral by Leonard Horowitz
- The Bible as Dream: A Jungian Interpretation by Murray Stein
We may earn commissions from qualifying purchases using affiliate links.
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify