Jamie Wheal: How to Recapture the Rapture
How does mankind find its way to a safer, healthier and more peaceful world?
Jamie Wheal, a best-selling author and founder of the Flow Genome Project, provides a roadmap for getting to that next place in this no-holds-barred Living 4D conversation.
Learn more about Jamie’s work on social media via Facebook and Instagram.
For Living 4D listeners: Buy a copy of Jamie’s book, Recapture the Rapture, at your store of choice and receive a free copy of his Field Guide for Homegrown Humans at this link.
- Why Jamie wrote Recapture the Rapture. (6:13)
- How do we get to a 3.0 global system reboot? (14:51)
- Asking “Is today a good day to die?” is revelatory, not suicidal. (19:44)
- Transitioning from socially-defined selves to self-authoring selves to surrendered selves. (26:51)
- A leap of faith. (38:59)
- Humans are finally waking up in huge numbers that has never happened before. (51:53)
- The global Stock Market and timely election cycles undermine our collective ability to take the long view on big, societal problems. (1:05:42)
- Paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions and godlike technologies. (1:10:49)
- “By the time it hurts enough for us to be willing to make the hard choices, we no longer have those choices…” (1:31:52)
- Time to give up your entitlement. (1:41:40)
- Radical hope. (1:52:07)
- The explosion of podcasts exposes people to radical stuff. (2:01:17)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy Seals and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Work by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
- Jamie’s appearance on the Kyle Kingsbury Podcast via YouTube
- The Ministry for the Future by Kim Stanley Robinson
- The work of Dr. Karl Deisseroth, Dr. Bruce Damer and Philip K. Dick
- Creative destruction
- The 2,000-Watt Society
- Food of the Gods by Terence McKenna
- The Invisible Rainbow: A History of Electricity and Life by Arthur Firstenberg
As an Amazon Associate, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify