Angie Chek: Modern Shamanism
Have you ever listened to a Shaman talk about her work in depth?
Angie Chek talks to Paul in this Living 4D episode about what it means to be a Shaman, her journey into the practice, and how she blends her shamanic gifts with a health practices toolbox.
- Being a Shaman is not unlike being in a clique. (1:36)
- Shamanism is not a religion. (5:22)
- “If I just look for what I want, the right teachers will show up when I need them.” (14:01)
- Spirits will help you find good parking places. (14:41)
- Angie goes to Mystery School. (17:56)
- The placebo effect in magic. (21:18)
- Blending Shamanism with a health practices toolbox for healing. (27:42)
- In one way or the other, rhythm disruption is a problem Paul sees in most of his clients. (31:49)
- Have you been able to dream and be awake? (35:49)
- How do you teach people to be still? (42:08)
- If you’re hearing voices, you may a Shaman without the proper training (44:54)
- A moment God saved Angie and a friend from death. (46:27)
- “I realized that we can see the future and, in some ways, we can control our destiny by our choices we make.” (52:16)
- The definitions of spirits and angels. (53:02)
- Why would people consider seeing a Shaman? (1:01:55)
- People can use their own free will to reject healing. (1:03:42)
- A marriage of science and holistic health can give you the best of both worlds. (1:05:46)
- What’s the best way to choose a Shaman to help you heal? (1:09:39)
- Have you felt the presence of another entity in your body or home? (1:14:53)
- The phenomena of extraction healing. (1:20:32)
- Is it genetics or a family pattern of being that’s helping you take on problems from your ancestors? (1:24:52)
- Angie’s dog, Maggie, is very good at healing and communicating. (1:28:34)
- All of these stunned creatures Angie met — a woodpecker, tarantula, snake and mouse — on consecutive days were trying to tell her something. (1:33:14)
- You need to be healthy before taking psychedelic drugs to have a positive Shamanic experience. (1:42:55)
- A Shaman’s experience using a drum may outweigh the benefits of taking a psychedelic drug. (1:48:55)
- That’s one very powerful drum… (1:55:00)
- If you’re not experienced, taking a psychedelic drug can feel like taking a time machine to a bad place. (1:58:40)
- How Holistic Lifestyle Training enhances Angie’s abilities as a Shaman. (2:03:04)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Supernatural: Meetings With The Ancient Teachers of Mankind by Graham Hancock
- Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy by Mircea Eliade
- The work of Amy and Arnold Mindell
- The Way of the Shaman by Michael Harner
- The Physics of Angels: Exploring The Realm Where Science and Spirit Meet by Rupert Sheldrake and Matthew Fox
- It Didn’t Start With You by Mark Wolynn
- Carolyn Myss’ Four Archetypes of Survival
- Psychedelica by Ben Stewart on Gaia TV
- CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coaching
- How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!
- Learn more about Angie at angiesworld.com
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify