Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove: Parapsychology: An Explorer’s Guide to Consciousness
Do you believe in the study of psychic phenomena known as parapsychology?
If not, you won’t be a skeptic for long, as Paul explores these realms and much more with Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove, host of the very popular New Thinking Allowed series on YouTube in this astral Living 4D conversation.
Follow Jeffrey on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and discuss his New Thinking Allowed series on LinkedIn and Discord.
- At first, Jeffrey was a skeptic of mysticism as a University of Wisconsin student. (7:20)
- A vivid dream ignited Jeffrey’s new direction. (9:40)
- How Jeffrey earned the only degree ever awarded in parapsychology by a major American university (University of California, Berkeley) in 1980. (13:48)
- An unhappy childhood can be a catalyst for spontaneous psychic experiences. (30:20)
- The quest for personal power (scientific and religious) often overcomes Shamanistic perspectives. (36:22)
- Defining empirical science. (52:33)
- The two major categories of parapsychological phenomena. (55:10)
- Carl Jung vs Rudolf Steiner. (1:09:34)
- The sheep-goat effect. (1:16:43)
- “When I hear people tell me they know who the evil one is, I have three words for them: Look inside yourself.” (1:34:15)
- Jeffrey’s simple dictum: Be present, moment by moment. (1:58:11)
- The story of Ted Owens, the Psychokinesis (PK) Man. (2:04:05)
- The always moving boundary between the conscious and unconscious mind. (2:18:52)
- Can the mind exist “outside” the brain? (2:29:35)
- Differences between the soul and the spirit. (2:48:34)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- The PK Man, The Roots of Consciousness and Thinking Allowed: Conversations on The Leading Edge of Knowledge and Discovery by Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove
- The work of Abraham Maslow, Max Planck, Charles Tart, Walter Russell, Dane Rudhyar and Dr. Dan Siegel
- Mental Radio by Upton Sinclair
- Merchants of Light by Betty Kovacs
- Essays in Radical Empiricism and A Pluralistic Universe by William James
- Transpersonal psychology
- Friedrich Nietzsche: Fighter For Freedom by Rudolf Steiner
- Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East by Baird Spalding
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Ra Material: Law of One by Jim McCarty, Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Barrett
- Streams of Wisdom by Dustin DiPerna and Ken Wilbur
- Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility by James Carse
- One Mind: How Our Individual Mind is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters by Dr. Larry Dossey
As an Amazon Associate, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify