Fruit and Green Chia Bars are a great way to get important nutrients from green vegetables into your diet, especially for people who don’t eat leafy greens regularly.
These “no-cook” treats are quick and simple to make and they’re versatile. Fruit and Green Chia Bars can be a healthy after-school snack for your kids or a delicious post-workout treat for you.
The nuts, coconut oil and nut butters are optional, so if you avoid nuts in your diet, you can still enjoy these Fruit and Green Chia Bars.
The nut butters can help the bars stick together a little better and also provide a source of fat which can be useful if you are a Polar or Variable Primal Pattern® diet type. (Learn more about Primal Pattern® diet types by checking out my book, How to Eat Move and Be Healthy!, now available as an ebook.)
This recipe makes 10-12 bars, takes 15 minutes to prepare and an hour to freeze them properly.
- 2 ¼ cups (360 grams) dried apricots, dried peaches, dried cherries, or any other dried stone fruit
- 6 tablespoons (80 grams) chia seeds
- 2 scoops of Organifi Green Juice powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) coconut oil, peanut butter or other nut butter (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons (30-40 grams) other chopped nuts or seeds (optional)
- Chop the dried fruit very finely until they stick together. (Having a food processor is useful for this step.)
- Add chia seeds and chopped nuts if you are including nuts, coconut or nut butter if you wish and sprinkle in the Organifi Green Drink powder. Process until very well blended.
- Scrape the mixture out of your food processor, place it on a piece of parchment paper and roll it in a log in any diameter you like. You can cut the log into 2-inch/5-cm sections or form it into bars. Alternatively, press the mini-logs into reusable silicon baking cups to make circular bars.
- Chill or freeze for 30-60 minutes.
- Store and wrap them in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days, in the refrigerator for 3 weeks or the freezer for 6 months.
Love and chi,
Paul (and Penny)
P.S. Check out Organifi’s Green Juice or any other product on their website and save 20 percent when you use the promo code CHEK20.