Year 3 of the CHEK Academy moves practitioners even further into a league of their own by adding specializations to their already-considerable skill set. As a year 3 student, you’ll deepen your understanding of spinal pathologies and choose a Sports Performance Advanced Training Program, learning:
- The Biomechanics of the Spine
- How to Evaluate a Client with Lumbo Pelvic Pain
- Common Postural Syndromes
- Upper Cervical Subluxation and Spinal Pathology
- Advanced Sports-Specific Training in Tennis or Golf
Mastering the skills and techniques you’ll learn in Year 3 of the Academy will be a challenge, but when you do, you’ll be able to coach clients with spinal pathologies to health, and train elite/amateur athletes to reach and surpass their performance goals.
See the full CHEK Academy Year Three Details below.
CHEK Academy Year 3, 2015/16
For our advanced CHEK Students
Year 3 is designed for those who have completed C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 1 and Holistic Lifestyle
Coach Level 2 Advanced Training Programs. Students will complete C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 and a
Sport Specific Series Course.
Your CHEK Academy Year 3 Training Includes:
- Swiss Ball Training (Correspondence course)
- Advanced Swiss Ball Training for Rehabilitation (Correspondence course)
- Dynamic Medicine Ball Training for Rehabilitation (Correspondence course)
- Healing Fungal and Parasite Infections: The Absolute Essentials (Correspondence course)
- Eleiko Education Olympic Lifting and Program Design for Strength Coaches (May 2016 2-Day Training Program)
- C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 (June 2016 5-Day Training Program)
- Bi-monthly CHEK Q&A Coaching calls
- Monthly CHEK Webinars
Plus, these EXCLUSIVE CHEK Academy Bonuses:
- A savings of 15% on all included DVDs, Correspondence Courses and live Advanced Training programs
- One live weekend workshop
- Two webinar workshops
- 12 months personal mentorship with a high level C.H.E.K Practitioner
- PPS Success Mastery Program Lesson 11: Communication Skills Development
Flexible Payment Options
Year 3 enrollment in the CHEK Academy Elite Global Training is open until October 31, 2015, and we offer three payment options:
- An application deposit of $473 on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by nine payments @ $473, commencing on October 31, 2015.
- An application deposit of $1,891.67 on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by nine payments @ $343.94, commencing on October 31, 2015.
- An application deposit of $2,837.50 on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by nine payments @ $257.95, commencing on October 31, 2015.
Each student will receive the e-learning correspondence course Swiss Ball Training.
Meet Your Mentor: Students will also be assigned to their personal CHEK Mentor and have an introductory one-hour call with them. The student and mentor will have a one-hour call on a monthly basis. The mentor’s role is to support the student throughout the year, guiding them through the learning material and helping them to achieve learning milestones comfortably.
Each student will receive Advanced Swiss Ball Training for Rehabilitation.
Webinar Workshop #1 – Anatomy / Medical terminology and an Introduction to Reading Imaging Reports
Saturday December 5, 2015
10:30am – 6pm
Sunday December 6, 2015
8am – 3pm
This 2-day workshop has 3 main topics: Refresh anatomy, and then study, at a much deeper level, the functional anatomy of the spine in preparation for C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2.
On completion of C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2, many practitioners start to work alongside Doctors and Orthopedic Consultants so knowing the medical terminology is essential. In order to work closely with other specialists or with your clients alone, you will have to understand key points from imaging reports such as X-Rays and MRI scans.
We show students how to read reports and show common areas of interest in scans.
Each student will receive Dynamic Medicine Ball Training.
Webinar Workshop #2 – CHEK Holistic Coaching Program
Saturday February 20, 2016
10:30am – 6pm
Sunday February 21, 2016
8am – 3pm
A new course developed by Paul Chek. In this course you will learn the qualities and functions of an effective CHEK Holistic Coach. You’ll understand how to use holistic (wholebrain) thinking for effective problem solving and how to apply the CHEK 1-2-3-4 model in you holistic coaching practice. In addition, you’ll learn the function of archetypes as a means of helping identify and manage a client’s dream process, explore myths as a means of identifying a client’s story, and learn the importance of creating a dream-affirmative counter-myth when necessary.
Students will receive PPS Success Program Lesson 11: Communication Skills Development which contains 1 multi-media slideshow, 1 PDF manual chapter, 1 downloadable audio interview with Alex and Meera Censor, 1 PDF Self-Assessment, 60-day access to PPS Coaching Calls and Coaching Call recordings.
In PPS Lesson 11, Paul unveils a special method of communication that will give you the ability to convey your thoughts – even ones that might be tremendously challenging to your listener – without triggering a negative response.
Each student will receive Healing Fungal and Parasite Infections: The Absolute Essentials.
Exam Deadline: Swiss Ball Training to be completed by April 7, 2016.
Exam Deadline: Advanced Swiss Ball Training to be completed by August 14, 2016.
Exam Deadline: Dynamic Medicine Ball Training to be completed by August 21, 2016.
Workshop – Eleiko Education Olympic Lifting and Program Design for Strength Coaches
Saturday May 28, 2016 – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday May 29, 2016 – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
San Diego CA (actual location TBD)
Taught by Anna Swisher part of the elite Eleiko team.
Anna has extensive experience as an athlete, coach, professor, and sport scientist. A competitive track and field and weightlifting athlete for over ten years, Anna is currently a doctoral fellow in a Sport Physiology and Performance PhD program doing research on weightlifting and coach education. She has excelled as a track coach with all levels of talent, coaching national level throwers, NCAA All-Americans, and high school athletes. She has worked extensively in the field, spending time as a collegiate strength coach, a sport performance coach, personal trainer, laboratory manager, and a sport science consultant. A lecturer for three years at Western State Colorado University, Anna has taught over a dozen different exercise and sport science classes. She is passionate about being an educator and she plans to return to teaching and coaching fulltime upon the completion of her PhD. Anna received her BA from Williams College in 2005 and her MA from East Tennessee State University in 2009.
Advanced Training Program – C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2
June 1-5, 2016
4747 Oceanside Blvd.
Oceanside CA 9056
C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2: Learn how to identify red flags as a necessary system of preventing injury through exercise. C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2’s learn spinal biomechanics, neurological screening, essential orthopedic screening tests, length/tension assessments, corrective stretching, specific corrective exercise technologies, and how to refer to allied medical practitioners. Advanced level postural assessment using goniometric technology gives the C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 the ability to design highly specific corrective exercise programs. The C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 is an invaluable addition to any medical practice treating work, sports, and recreational orthopedic injuries. They are also key contributors to the professional sports medicine and conditioning teams.
C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 Learning Objectives:
- Learn how to perform a goniometric assessment of posture and relevant joint range of motion.
- Learn to perform an effective screening of each individual, ruling out any red flags through careful examination of medical history, orthopedic assessment, and length/tension assessment.
- Learn specific corrective exercise for effective spinal or core stabilization.
- Learn to design corrective exercise programs.
Case Study: Each student in this month will complete TWO case studies. Each case study should include results of a full C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 assessment and client programs
following assessment including periodization.
Live Workshop – C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 Review
Saturday August 27, 2016
10:30am – 6pm
Sunday August 28, 2016
8am – 3pm
474 Oceanside Blvd
Oceanside, CA 92056
Exam Deadline: C.H.E.K Practitioner Level 2 Exam to be completed by September 9, 2016.