In Year 1 of the CHEK Academy you’ll learn ALL of the time-tested techniques that are the foundation of Paul Chek’s internationally renowned practice. That includes how to:
- Personalize your approach with your clients
- Address your clients’ health challenges holistically and effectively
- Use pinpoint accurate assessments to understand your clients deeply
- Motivate your clients like crazy to apply what you teach them
- Educate your clients to follow through on your prescriptions
Those skills and techniques you’ll learn will empower you to open your own practice or to separate yourself from the pack if you already run your own practice.
See the full CHEK Academy Year One Details below.
Applications for Year 1 of the Academy are now closed for the 2015/16 Year.
If you have questions about the CHEK Academy or would like to be put on a waiting list for next year, please contact our education department at [email protected].
CHEK Academy Year 1, 2015/16
Start Your CHEK Education here!
This foundational year is for students with no CHEK qualifications, students that have completed only some CHEK correspondence programs or the CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1.
Your CHEK Academy Year 1 Training Includes:
- Scientific Core Conditioning (Correspondence course)
- Scientific Back Training, 2nd Ed. (Correspondence course)
- Program Design, 2nd Ed. (Correspondence course)
- Primal Pattern® Movement (Correspondence course)
- How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy! (Book)
- Movement that Matters (Book)
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1 (April 2016 3-Day Training Program)
- Exercise Coach (July 2016 5-Day Training Program)
- Bi-monthly CHEK Q&A Coaching calls (starting upon passing your HLC 1 exam).
- Monthly CHEK Webinars (starting upon passing your HLC 1 exam).
Plus, these EXCLUSIVE CHEK Academy Bonuses:
- A savings of 15% on all included books, DVDs, Correspondence Courses and live Advanced Training programs
- One live weekend workshop (Workshop: September 2016)
- Three webinar workshops (Workshop 1: Nov. 2015, Workshop 2: February 2016, Workshop 3: May 2016)
- 12 months personal mentorship with a high level C.H.E.K Practitioner
- PPS Success Mastery Program Lesson 7: How to Learn
Flexible Payment Options
Year 1 enrollment in the CHEK Academy Elite Global Training is open until 31 October 2015, and we offer three payment options:
- An application deposit of $457.31 AUD on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by 11 payments @ $457.31 AUD, commencing on 31 October 2015.
- An application deposit of $1,829.34 AUD on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by 11 payments @ $332.61, commencing on 31 October 2015.
- An application deposit of $2,744 AUD on acceptance of your application (minus the $200 application fee) followed by 11 payments @ $249.45 AUD, commencing on 31 October 2015.
Year 1 Schedule
Each student will receive a copy of How to Eat Move and Be Healthy! (book) and Program Design.
Meet Your Mentor: Students will also be assigned to their personal CHEK Mentor and have an introductory one-hour call with them. THe student and mentor will have a one-hour call on a monthly basis. The mentor’s role is to support the student throughout the year, guiding them through the learning material and helping them to achieve learning milestones comfortably.
Each student will receive the book Movement that Matters.
Webinar Workshop #1 – Anatomy & Physiology
Saturday November 14, 2015 – 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
For many, this will be the first time this fascinating (and EXTREMELY important) subject is covered with such depth. TO others, it will be a refresher into the subject and will ready the students for the advanced human function education ahead.
Each student will receive a copy of the correspondence course Scientific Back Training.
Each student will receive a copy of the correspondence course Scientific Core Conditioning.
Webinar Workshop #2 – Exercise Coach Prerequisite Application Review
February 6 & 7, 2016
Each student will attend the 2-day webinar Workshop. Over the 2-day workshop, students will become practiced and proficient with all of the concepts and testing involved in our home study courses.
Exam Deadline: Program Design Exam to be completed by February 28, 2016.
In this month, students will focus on completing the remaining pre-requisistes for Exercise Coach.
Exam Deadline: Scientific Back Training Exam to be completed by March 15, 2016.
Exam Deadline: Scientific Core Conditioning Exam to be completed by March 30, 2016.
Advanced Training Program – CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1
April 8-10, 2016
Trigg Island Surf Club
360 West Coast Dr.
Trigg, WA 6029
8am – 6pm
This course is the foundation of the Holistic Lifestyle Coach Program, focusing on effective techniques for attaining optimal health from the inside out – techniques that can be applied by anyone. Laypersons and health/fitness professionals have thoroughly enjoyed and benefited from this course.
During HLC 1, you will use yourself as a case history to become a living role model for your clients and patients. By completing detailed questionnaires before class, you can use this information over the three days to illustrate the concepts and techniques you’ll be learning. You will be show how to identify common problems that, if not quickly recognized, can become roadblocks to success including – ineffective exercise programming, poor nutritional habits, stress, hormonal imbalances and gastrointestinal disorders.
Webinar Workshop #2 – Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1 Review
Saturday May 14, 2016 – 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
A review of the concepts presented in HLC 1 and how to best apply them in your life and practice.
Exam Deadline: Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1 Exam to be completed by May 26, 2016.
Students are now officially recognized by the C.H.E.K Institute as a Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 1.
They can add their profile to CHEK Connect so potential clients can search for them online. As a
C.H.E.K Institute trained professional students are now eligible to attend for free the Monthly Webinars
and Bi-Monthly Coaching Calls provided by the C.H.E.K Institute.
Students also receive PPS Success Mastery Program Lesson 7: How to Learn which includes 1 multi-medial slide show, 1 PDF manual, 1 PDF Self-Assessment and 6-Day Access to PPS Coaching Calls and Coaching Call recordings.
This is Paul’s gift to all Year 1 students to enable them to optimize their learning in the CHEK Academy.
Advanced Training Program – Exercise Coach
July 13-17, 2016
Place of CHI
Unit 1-2 Apollo St.
Warriewood, NSW 2102
8am – 6pm
This highly practical 5-day course will give students the skills to become a superior exercise professional. With a course maximum size of 12 students per instructor, students will receive personalized attention while learning powerful postural assessments as well as assessments to diagnose physiological load. Students will also learn to effectively prescribe and teach exercise programs for clients of all skill levels.
Case Study: Each student in this month will complete a CHEK Exercise Coach assessment on a client, friend or family member and prepare a case study before attending the next workshop in September.
Live Workshop – Exercise Coach Review
September 17 & 18, 2016
Place of CHI
Unit 1-2 Apollo St.
Warriewood, NSW 2102
Each student will attend this Workshop where they will review the main points from the 5-day Exercise Coach course and practice applying their new knowlege. The second day of the workshops will focus on Business Development. This is crucial to changing a current business to include work as a CHEK Professional or to start a business from scratch!
Students will learn:
- Business set-up or how to fine-tune an existing business
- How to price services
- How to set yourself apart form the masses of “same old” trainers and coaches
- How to effectively sell! Not only your services BUT the goal of true health to your clients!
Exam Deadline: Exercise Coach Exam to be completed by September 23, 2016.
Students will be sent their final correspondence course for Year 1 – Primal Patterns Movements
At the end of Year 1 students will be offered a discounted place in Year 2 providing they ahve successfully completed all elements. Some students may prefer to take a break and join a later intake for Year 2.
Students who have already completed any of the prerequisite correspondence courses or advanced training programs can still apply to join the academy. These individuals apply for a tailor made quote excluding the courses they ahve already completed.
Students continue their mentorships, participate in
Webinars and Coaching Calls, and prepare for Year 2!
CHEK Academy FAQ
Q: Do I pay extra to become part of The CHEK Academy?
A: No. All the correspondence courses and live advanced training programs are heavily discounted off the regular price.
Q: Is there an upfront fee I need to pay to join?
A: Yes. We have a variety of payment options for you to choose from and those options vary depending upon your year in The CHEK Academy and your location (US/Canada vs. The South Pacific). Please refer to the application form f