Show Notes Episode 64 – Drew Canole: You Be You
How does one heal from the damage done by trauma and begin to build a grounded, healthy life full of meaning and joy?
Drew Canole, author of You Be You: Detox Your Life, Crush Your Limitations and Own Your Awesome, describes his journey from a traumatic childhood to creating an amazing life that led him to build Organifi in this festive Living 4D podcast.
Have you wanted to try the Organifi products Paul raves about on Living 4D? Save 20 percent on Organifi products by selecting the ones you want, then entering the discount code CHEK20 when you checkout.
Learn more about Drew on Facebook, Instagram and his FitLife.TV channel on YouTube.
- Dealing with trauma by finding meaning. (6:03)
- Drew worked on turning the trauma he experienced into trust. (13:23)
- Christian Science laid the foundational work Drew did to create FitLifeTV. (25:46)
- The year Paul was a vegetarian. (34:16)
- Paul reaches out to Drew’s company to test his products. (43:25)
- The big benefit of fueling your body with organic superfoods: Being more aware of the world around you. (55:51)
- Drew’s Wow Goggles concept. (1:13:02)
- “The thing that really helped me is realizing that the man who tortured me was a reflection of myself.” (1:20:38)
- “Depression is the result of taking a break from your true self.” (1:29:31)
- If there’s enough people in the world to create good connections, why are we feeling lonely despite the explosive growth of social media? (1:34:48)
- Look at gratitude like a bank account. (1:45:09)
- Drew’s vision for our higher selves. (1:55:20)
- Do you give yourself permission to be who you really are? (2:08:00)
- The powerful symbols on Drew’s hat. (2:15:20)
- The work of Arthur M. Young, Fritz-Albert Popp, Max Gerson and Jim Fortin
- Hoxsey: How Healing Becomes a Crime, a documentary about Harry Hoxsey
- The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore by Deepak Chopra
- Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and Lao Tzu: The Parallel Sayings by Richard Hooper
- The Lego Movie
- Isaiah 45:7
- The Truman Show
- The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Productsby Nir Eyal