Show Notes Episode 101 – Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove: Parapsychology: An Explorer’s Guide to Consciousness
Do you believe in the study of psychic phenomena known as parapsychology?
If not, you won’t be a skeptic for long, as Paul explores these realms and much more with Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove, host of the very popular New Thinking Allowed series on YouTube in this astral Living 4D conversation.
Follow Jeffrey on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and discuss his New Thinking Allowed series on LinkedIn and Discord.
- At first, Jeffrey was a skeptic of mysticism as a University of Wisconsin student. (7:20)
- A vivid dream ignited Jeffrey’s new direction. (9:40)
- How Jeffrey earned the only degree ever awarded in parapsychology by a major American university (University of California, Berkeley) in 1980. (13:48)
- An unhappy childhood can be a catalyst for spontaneous psychic experiences. (30:20)
- The quest for personal power (scientific and religious) often overcomes Shamanistic perspectives. (36:22)
- Defining empirical science. (52:33)
- The two major categories of parapsychological phenomena. (55:10)
- Carl Jung vs Rudolf Steiner. (1:09:34)
- The sheep-goat effect. (1:16:43)
- “When I hear people tell me they know who the evil one is, I have three words for them: Look inside yourself.” (1:34:15)
- Jeffrey’s simple dictum: Be present, moment by moment. (1:58:11)
- The story of Ted Owens, the Psychokinesis (PK) Man. (2:04:05)
- The always moving boundary between the conscious and unconscious mind. (2:18:52)
- Can the mind exist “outside” the brain? (2:29:35)
- Differences between the soul and the spirit. (2:48:34)
- The PK Man, The Roots of Consciousness and Thinking Allowed: Conversations on The Leading Edge of Knowledge and Discovery by Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove
- The work of Abraham Maslow, Max Planck, Charles Tart, Walter Russell, Dane Rudhyar and Dr. Dan Siegel
- Mental Radio by Upton Sinclair
- Merchants of Light by Betty Kovacs
- Essays in Radical Empiricism and A Pluralistic Universe by William James
- Transpersonal psychology
- Friedrich Nietzsche: Fighter For Freedom by Rudolf Steiner
- Life and Teachings of the Masters of the Far East by Baird Spalding
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Ra Material: Law of One by Jim McCarty, Don Elkins and Carla Rueckert
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Barrett
- Streams of Wisdom by Dustin DiPerna and Ken Wilbur
- Finite and Infinite Games: A Vision of Life as Play and Possibility by James Carse
- One Mind: How Our Individual Mind is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters by Dr. Larry Dossey
Paul is now accepting applications to the CHEK Academy. Click here to apply today!
Thanks to our awesome sponsors: Organifi (save 20 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK20 at checkout), Paleovalley (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code chek15 at checkout), BiOptimizers (save 10 percent on your purchase by using the code paul10 at checkout), Cymbiotika (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK15 at checkout), One Farm CBD Oils (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK at checkout) and Essential Oil Wizardry (save 10 percent on your purchase by using the code living4d at checkout).