Show Notes Episode 100 – Dave Asprey: The Magic Bullet Man
Who can talk about all things coffee, karma, consciousness, reincarnation, mitochondria and psychedelics at the very same level as our own Paul Chek?
Dave Asprey — the “Father of Biohacking,” founder of Bulletproof and host of the award-winning Bulletproof Radio podcast — joins Paul to discover how they learned in their own separate ways the hows and whys of coffee and butter and a lot more in this very special 100th Living 4D conversation.
Learn more about Dave on his website and on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Dave and Paul compare t-shirt concepts. (5:44)
- Dave discovers using butter in his coffee and tea. (15:45)
- Got mold in your coffee? Probably… (20:10)
- Tips for drinking coffee without feeling sick or having cognitive issues. (35:06)
- The algorithm of life. (45:20)
- “Your body believes things that aren’t true.” (54:28)
- Consciousness, mitochondria and how your body communicates way before you realize it. (1:00:21)
- A good reason to embrace reincarnation. (1:15:12)
- The karma of teaching people stuff that isn’t real: You’re just like a mass-murderer. (1:19:58)
- “I live in a world where, simultaneously, rational things are linear and they’re crazier than anything…” (1:32:58)
- Are you taking psychedelics to get high or to learn and heal yourself? (1:48:13)
- Even too much meditation may be harmful. (1:58:04)
- An eddy in time. (2:06:59)
- Finding the allegorical meaning versus the literal one may depend on how enlightened you are. (2:13:58)
- How you handle anger matters. (2:22:41)
- Why spiritual practices exist. (2:32:57)
- Paul’s two-part appearance on Dave’s Bulletproof Radio podcast on holistic health and belief systems
- Moldy, the documentary Dave made about toxic mold
- Exclusion-zone water research at the Pollack Laboratory
- A New Kind of Science by Stephen Wolfram
- On Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins and Sandra Blakeslee
- The Bulletproof Diet and The Better Baby Book by Dave Asprey
- Cleansing The Doors of Perception by Huston Smith
- The 48 Laws of Power and The Laws of Human Nature by Robert Greene
- The work of Byron Katie, John Archibald Wheeler, Dr. Stan Grof, Lynne McTaggert, Dr. Daniel Brown and Huston Smith
- The Myth of the Sole Inventor by Mark Lemley
- Do Drugs Have Religious Import by Huston Smith
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Barrett
- Psycho-Cybernetics: Updated and Expanded by Maxwell Maltz
- A Practical Guide to Vibrational Medicine: Energy Healing and Spiritual Transformation by Richard Gerber
- Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and Lao Tzu: The Parallel Sayings by Richard Hooper
Paul is now accepting applications to the CHEK Academy. Click here to apply today!
Thanks to our awesome sponsors: Organifi (save 20 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK20 at checkout), Paleovalley (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code chek15 at checkout), BiOptimizers (save 10 percent on your purchase by using the code paul10 at checkout), Cymbiotika (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK15 at checkout), One Farm CBD Oils (save 15 percent on your purchase by using the code CHEK at checkout) and Essential Oil Wizardry (save 10 percent on your purchase by using the code living4d at checkout).