Technical Operations Specialist
The CHEK Institute in Carlsbad, CA is looking for an extremely organized, efficient and cutting edge tech-fluent team member to manage our growing online ecosystem and support all divisions of the company in the best use of our internal tech stack. This is a full-time opportunity to work for one of the leading innovators in the fitness and wellness industry.
At a minimum, our candidate should:
1 – be proficient in
2 – be able to maintain and update websites
Our candidate will be responsible for testing, implementing and updating the functionality of three websites in a manner that meets project deadlines without disrupting the current functioning of the site.
3 – possess an in-depth knowledge of WordPress
All three CHEK Institute sites are built on WordPress. We will be adding more websites during 2021. Therefore our candidate must have at minimum 3 years experience building, managing, troubleshooting and optimizing WordPress websites for a variety of purposes – from brochure sites, to LMS to eCommerce sites.
4 – possess an in-depth knowledge of eCommerce
Our candidate should have at minimum 3 years of experience working with WooCommerce and should be able to handle everything from creating products and subscriptions to maintaining functional payment chains at all times.
Our candidate should understand the entire payment chain and have experience implementing and maintaining such chains in an ecommerce environment. Experience with PayPal business solutions is a requirement – experience with additional processors, gateways and merchant accounts is a plus.
Lastly, we run a complicated eCommerce site that accepts multiple currencies and includes a marketplace for partner products in addition to our own products – our candidate must have a demonstrated skill working with non-standard, complex WooCommerce platforms. They will need to have the skill to accommodate our partners’ needs for inventory management, fulfillment and shipping, automating as much as possible, as seamlessly as possible.
5 – possess knowledge of Learning Management Systems
The CHEK Institute offers a wide variety of elearning courses contained in the LearnDash LMS. Our developer needs, minimally, to have experience with some kind of LMS, though experience with LearnDash is preferrable.
Duties will include:
- Working with our web-designer to improve student experience
- Implementing new courses in the system
- Testing LMS updates before implementing on live site
- Ensuring faithful and accurate connection to Infusionsoft CRM
- Supporting education department in implementing improvements to LMS
- Supporting education department in troubleshooting user difficulties when necessary
6 – possess a strong understanding of Customer Relationship Management systems
All of our websites connect to our CRM – Infusionsoft – and it is crucial to our marketing, education and customer service department. Therefore, our candidate must, at minimum, have experience working with CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce or Infusionsoft. They will need to learn very quickly how our sites interact with our CRM and build/manage/improve our sites with an understanding of our CRM and how it is used.
7 – Beyond pure knowledge/Experience Base
The CHEK Institute is growing fast, but we are a lean company. We are looking for someone to become a part of our team and grow with the company. So, in addition to the above we are looking for a candidate who can:
- Understand when to escalate a technical issue to our team of developers and when to tackle it on their own.
- Provide technical support to the Education and Marketing departments as they work towards their goals.
- Understand the general budget of the CHEK Institute and how to create the most value within that budget.
- See the vision and direction of the Institute and is capable of planning with growth in mind.
- Has a good feel for where current technology is at, where it’s going and how technological innovation could be incorporated to serve the CHEK Institute’s goals.
- Be flexible – we are a small, industrious company and expect everyone to not just pull their own weight, but help the rest of the team when needed. It’s not always easy, but we try to make it fun and rewarding.
- Learn about and embrace the CHEK philosophy to health and wellness.. We’ll help you, so long as you are teachable.
Do you have the following attributes?
- Reliability – You’re a dependable, resourceful and experienced self-starter
- Positive mental attitude – You have lots of energy, common sense and initiative even when others fail to follow up with you. Going the extra mile is second nature for you.
- Accountability – You meet deadlines and take ownership of your work.
- Communication skills – You are a good communicator, both verbally and in writing. You enjoy networking with the rest of the team and contractors to find out how to help the company meet its goals.
During normal times, you will be expected to work in the CHEK Institute office at least 2-3 days per week, with the remaining days flexible (working either remotely or in the office). At present, most of the team are working remotely due to Covid-19, but this is not a typical scenario.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
The CHEK Institute provides educational products and services for the professional development of individuals in the health and fitness industries, both in the USA and internationally. Our principles are holistic and progressive, and have been industry-leading for over a decade. Please visit www.chekinstitute.com for more details.
Successful applicants will undergo a background investigation which may include a criminal check, credit report, reference checks, etc.
Salary starting at $55k, which could be higher depending upon skill-set and experience. Holiday pay, vacation pay, personal time off, health insurance and 401(k) benefits available, according to company policy.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a resume, salary history and cover letter. In your cover letter please describe why you want this job, why you are suited to this position and how you can help our company. Any submissions without these items will not be considered.
Please send all parts of your application in one email to [email protected]