CHEK Live Workshops – 2018
Our 2-day workshops offer elite training on essential topics!
Each workshop is the perfect opportunity to sharpen your skills and grow your practice since they’re held on weekends — that means you won’t miss time with your clients. And each workshop focuses on immediately actionable skills, including training in:
- Functional anatomy
- Exercise Program Design
- Proper form and performance of exercises
- Client motivation and coaching techniques
Each workshop is taught by an experienced CHEK Faculty member with years of practical experience applying these techniques in their own practice with a variety of clients to great success. They are expert teachers so you can trust you’ll leave each workshop with the confidence to apply what you’ve learned immediately — whether your clients are looking to lose weight, recover from an injury or prepare for their next marathon.
In 2018, we’ll be holding three must-attend workshops in North America, The United Kingdom, and Australia!
Read the full details on each of the workshops below.
Scientific Shoulder Training
Australia Date: 3-4 November, 2018
Australian Location: CHEK Institute Australia, NSW
Australian Instructor: Donal Carr
This course provides an in-depth, multifaceted approach to optimal shoulder conditioning.
This comprehensive and practical workshop takes you on a trip through the functional anatomy of the shoulder and shows you how you can develop preventative, performance and corrective exercise programs better than ever before. Developed by Paul Chek, this workshop is based upon the tried and tested methods he has used over 30+ years of successfully coaching and rehabilitating clients who presented with all types of shoulder pain and injury.
Whether you are a strength coach, personal trainer, physical therapist or any health and fitness professional interested in the upper quarter, this workshop is a must-take for your professional development.
Over the course of this 2-day workshop you will learn:
- How the functional anatomy of the upper quarter – shoulder, arm, neck, and trunk – interacts
- The biomechanical intricacies of stabilization of the shoulder joint
- How proper sequencing of movement development as an infant is critical to optimal function of the shoulder joint in adulthood
- The success formula for conditioning the shoulder/arm complex
- Seventeen assessments for posture and shoulder function
- Thirteen length-tension assessments
- Seven comparative range of motion assessments for the shoulder joint
- The importance of a functional thoracic spine to optimal shoulder health
- Correct techniques for resistance training to prevent and reduce the risk of injury to the shoulder complex when lifting weights
- Modifications of common exercises to use when working with an injured shoulder
- Program design strategies and exercise selection for conditioning the shoulder through all phases of conditioning
Booking is essential — please contact us, if you have questions!
Swiss Ball Training
European Date: October 13-14, 2018
European Location: Lancashire, UK
European Instructor: Warren Williams
N. American Date: March 2019
N. American Location: San Diego, CA
N. American Instructor: Angie Chek
Our Swiss Ball Intensive workshop consists of two parts – Part 1: Essentials of Swiss Ball Training (Saturday) & Part 2: Advanced Swiss Ball Training for Rehabilitation (Sunday).
Day 1: Essentials of Swiss Ball Training
This part of the course will teach you how to use the flexible and functional tool that is the Swiss Ball to improve balance, posture and dynamic strength, plus train righting and tilting reactions. There are literally hundreds of uses beyond performing a crunch over the ball! However, as with any training tool, correct usage is essential to achieve the results you are seeking.
In day one you will learn:
- The science behind the application of Swiss balls
- How to choose the correct size of Swiss ball for optimum training
- Stretching techniques
- Beginner to advanced level exercises for the upper and lower back, abdominals, shoulder girdle, gluteals, hip musculature and lower limbs are included. The exercises cover the entire spectrum of intensity and complexity from the novice exerciser to those appropriate for elite athletes.
Day 2: Advanced Swiss Ball Training for Rehabilitation
Day 2 of the workshop shows you how to apply the science of biomechanics and kinesiology to advanced assessments and functional training techniques using the Swiss ball.
In day two you will learn:
- How to identify postural problems and instabilities using Swiss ball assessments
- How to use the Swiss Ball for rehabilitation and injury prevention
After completing the course, you will be able to develop these assessments into corrective exercises, with appropriate modifications for the condition and training level of your client.