Paul Chek: Ego, Instinct and the Pain of Love
Are you having trouble managing the challenges presented by the patients you encounter every day as a health coach?
Paul offers his insights as he describes the four kinds of patients you’ll see and how to work with them better in part 2 of his Living 4D series on the Pain Teacher.
As you listen to this episode, you’ll learn very quickly that the patients you work with are real people dealing with real challenges, just like you…
- There are four types of patients (people) in the world. (2:50)
- The first type of patients: People who listen to their coaches, therapists or doctors. (5:23)
- The second type of patients: People whose egos are so inflated, they won’t listen to anyone. (6:18)
- The third type of patients: People who are neurotics and hypochondriacs. (12:01)
- The fourth kind of patients: People whose time has come to leave the Earth has come. (16:06)
- The meaning of recurring dreams. (24:43)
- Pain: The most powerful reprogramming agent of the human nervous system. (30:57)
- An example of Paul’s ego getting in the way when working with others. (35:29)
- Have you worked with someone who had a fear of success? (44:58)
- The relationships with your parents matter. (49:08)
- Are you capable of having challenging relationships with people who are trying to help you? (52:51)
- What neurotics and hypochondriacs can learn from the Pain Teacher. (59:44)
- The incidence of heart disease in men could be tied to love relationships, often with spouses or coworkers. (1:06:30)
- “Because the mind is like a garbage disposal, thinking is antagonistic to intuition.” (1:16:40)
- Helping a client bring healthy closure to their life. (1:27:29)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Carl Jung’s four functions of consciousness
- Vedic astrology
- Mercury in retrograde
- Arnold Patent’s Universal Principles
- Healing Your Attachment Wounds by Diane Poole Heller
- The Sacred Art of Listening by Kay Lindahl
- A Gallery of Archetypes by Caroline Myss
- Steve Jobs: The Man in the Machine
- Paul’s Living 4D conversations with Ben Pakulski and Kyle Kingsbury and Mike Salemi and Dean Taraborelli
- The Hero’s Journey: Joseph Campbell on His Life and Work by Joseph Campbell and Phil Cousineau
- One Mind: How Our Individual Mind is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why It Matters by Dr. Larry Dossey
- PPS Success Program
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify