Danny Way: Inside the Life of a Legend Part 1
Ever wonder how elite athlete Danny Way could do the miraculous things he does with a skateboard, like jump across the Great Wall of China?
Despite his artistry, imagination and fierce drive and tenacity, all of those amazing things Danny does may never have happened given the injuries he suffered. How did he overcome them? What did he learn from them?
Check out this episode of Living 4D with Paul Chek…
- Danny’s physical problem no one could solve but Paul. (3:58)
- Why Danny stayed with skateboarding over other sports. (6:30)
- Jumping the Great Wall of China on a skateboard. (9:30)
- Jumping out of a helicopter 35 feet in the air on a skateboard… (13:50)
- Danny couldn’t walk away from a “what if.” (19:08)
- The medicinal effect of skateboarding for kids. (26:08)
- Tony Hawk, an empowering, challenging mentor. (30:00)
- Paul’s first movie role in Waiting For Lightning. (32:55)
- Facing fear in a boxing ring and life. (37:30)
- 24 surgeries. (39:56)
- Learning to be comfortable with uncertainty. (42:20)
- Falling is part of everything. (46:55)
- A rebirth from injury. (52:45)
- Danny learned to be a cat again. (59:24)
- Danny was one of the first professional skateboarders to use conditioning as a part of his training. (1:02:47)
- Skateboarding becomes an Olympic sport in 2020. (1:07:30)
- Witnessing the organic difference with cooked chicken. (1:11:32)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Waiting For Lightning
- Jumping the Great Wall of China video (thanks ESPN!)
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify