Sanjay Rawal: Deep Spirituality and Sri Chinmoy
Before he became a documentary filmmaker, Sanjay Rawal was a seeker of knowledge. So much so, that after graduating from University of California-Berkeley, he looked to guidance to fill the gaping hole in his heart.
Sanjay describes how he found the path to inner peace in the most unlikely place —the streets of New York City — his spiritual work with Sri Chinmoy and his work as a documentary filmmaker in this Living 4D episode.
Learn more about Sanjay’s work on Instagram at @mrsanjayr and @3100film.
- “I’m one of just a handful of people who moved to New York City to find inner peace.” (5:07)
- Sanjay made his first film, Ocean Monk, about 18 months after the passing of Sri Chinmoy, who remains a profound influence on Sanjay’s life. (12:57)
- Are you a soul who possesses a body, or a body that possesses a mind, a set of emotions and a soul? (27:05)
- What does the quote, “My soul is a bird of fire…” mean to you? (29:25)
- Using the Heart Chakra to access the realm of the infinite. (35:46)
- Silence is more powerful than sound. (44:53)
- So long as you have faith in something, you’re a Hindu which is very different from the myopic ways Western religions operate. (52:11)
- In Sanjay’s latest documentary, 3100: Run and Become, running merges with spirituality. (1:01:09)
- “Physical pursuits can connect more directly with the soul’s reality than most religions care to even pursue.” (1:04:48)
- “Do you want to love power or do you want to be harnessed by the power of love? These are diametrically opposed realities.” (1:13:39)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Sanjay’s first film, Ocean Monk (2010), available for free on Vimeo
- Drunken Mystic Lost in Eternity by Shyam Rajagopalan
- Sanjay’s second film, Challenging Impossibility (2011), available for free on Vimeo
- The work of Joseph Rael
- The work of Sri Aurobindo
- The work of Master Fong Ha
- Jesus, Buddha, Krishna and Lao Tzu: The Parallel Sayings by Richard Hooper
- Sanjay’s first feature length, documentary, Food Chains
- Sanjay’s recent appearance on the Mind Pump Podcast
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify