Dr. Keesha Ewers: The Sex Doctor
Sex is an integral part of a healthy life. At least, it should be…
Yet, when we want to treat any problems related to sex, most doctors routinely prescribe hormones and drugs without digging deeper for real answers.
Dr. Keesha Ewers talks intimately about her journey that began as a quest to find answers to her rheumatoid arthritis at age 30, eventually leading her to the world of integrative medicine and becoming a renowned expert in sexology in this very special Living 4D episode.
As a special gift for Living 4D listeners, sign up today for her free 21 Day Quick Start Program that will give your health, energy and vitality a very valuable reset.
- Yoga was Keesha’s gateway into the world of alternative/integrative medicine and treating disease in different ways. (4:39)
- Keesha traced her autoimmune disease back to being abused sexually as a 10-year-old child. (6:47)
- Keesha’s Healing Unresolved Trauma (HURT) model treats female sexual desire without hormones. (9:06)
- There are reasons to take supplements to treat imbalances, just not forever. (19:10)
- “If you have sex frequently, I tell women they should take their vaginas to the gym every day.” (26:34)
- Fear and denial of self-love are problems that come up again and often in other health problems. (28:45)
- Ojas = life force vitality in Sanskrit. (32:45)
- “I had a teacher a long time ago who referred to sex in America as ‘eating the leftovers off the table that you would give your dog.’” (33:50)
- Do you know your libido story? (37:40)
- Critical thinking, discussion and doing what’s right for you are becoming taboos in lieu of polarized judgments. (43:55)
- “Fetishes come from a place where there’s been something on that libido map where there is an arrested development and trauma.” (55:19)
- The real concept of Tantra — rejection of the caste system — is far different than what Western cultures perceived it to be. (57:44)
- Some self-destructive behaviors and practices — due to a lack of cultural approval — are unconscious ones too. (1:00:06)
- The anti-aging movement is a lot like perpetual adolescence and arresting the development of grown adults. (1:08:08)
- Physical therapists and doctors refused to treat pelvic floor trauma because it was “too dirty” for them. (1:15:56)
- Relationship conflicts should be welcomed as challenges to work on becoming better people. (1:19:32)
RESOURCES & FURTHER READING
- Solving The Autoimmune Puzzle and The Quick & Easy Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Dr. Keesha Ewers
- Biochemical Individuality by Roger Williams
- Keesha’s TEDx Talk: Have You Heard From Your Libido Lately?
Share this episode!
This podcast wouldn’t be possible without the support of our awesome sponsors, each of whom are offering an exclusive discount for Living in 4D listeners.
As partners with our sponsors, we earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
START LISTENING TODAY
Listen to Living 4D with Paul Chek on your favorite podcast platforms!
Listen on – Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify