One of the most common questions I get from readers about my book, How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!, has to do with eating three meals a day and never skipping them.
However, people have heard me talking in other places about fasting and skipping breakfast, and may have gotten confused about what I mean. That’s when meal spacing comes into play.
Rather than getting too detailed, I discuss seven simple but very important questions aimed at addressing your hunger right now in this video.
- Are you actually hungry?
- Are you eating the right foods for your Primal Pattern?
- Are you constipated?
- Are you stressed?
- Are you taking medical drugs?
- Are you noticing signs of toxicity?
- Are your circadian sleep cycles disrupted?
Based on the answers to those questions, you can determine if eating is the right thing to do or if you need to give your body a break.
And if stress is a real problem right now, you’ll want to take a look at CHEK Faculty Member Jator Pierre’s recent video series on the hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal (HPA) axis. He does a great job of explaining why stress, stemming from cognitive dietary restraint, can pack on the extra pounds despite your best efforts to lose them.
Love and chi,
- The Nutritional Powerhouse: Unleashing the Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids from Fish Roe - May 25, 2023
- Sleep and Magnesium Benefits For Your Body and Mind - May 18, 2023
- Working With Pro Athletes - May 5, 2023